Eddie Bauer 2-in-1 Car Seat
Where to begin....
-the headrest cover slips off all the time to the point where we leave it now...
- the belt straps constantly twist
- there are only two size adjusters for height of the belt, my son is taller and will surely need a new seat before he needs a booster seat...
- very difficult to tighten the clips/straps enough to keep him safe in it
-ridiculously hard to clean
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE!!
August 8, 2011
It was easy to install. Looks great, price was right ,got it on sale. My son loves it!
I recommend watching the video that Canadian tire provides on Installing a car seat properly. I installed it myself in 2 minutes, was so easy!
May 1, 2011
Mediocre Car Seat
There are several issues with this car seat that potential purchasers should be aware of.
(1) Using the LATCH system, it is very difficult to install correctly (i.e. tightly enough). It took a burly firefighter approximately 10 minutes of strenuous pushing and pulling to get the car seat installed tightly and we are reluctant to ever remove the seat from our car for fear that we wouldn't be able to re-install it correctly.
(2) The arm rests are fixed, which can make it difficult to lift your child into the seat. We have a relatively small car and I have inadvertently hit my son's head on the roof more than once when putting him into the seat.
(3) The fabric cover regularly slips off the top of the seat.
(4) The straps tend to twist in the buckles.
(5) I have been warned by the firefighters who installed our seat that tall children may outgrow the 5 point harness of this seat before they are ready for it to become a seat belt adjuster.
Apart from those concerns, the seat has been fine. Our son has never complained of being uncomfortable and the buckles fasten securely.
January 17, 2011
Does the job
This seat does what it is supposed to without the frills.
I was reading the reviews on here and was bothered by a few that indicated they used this seat in a rear facing position. It is NOT meant for that and it does NOT recline for that reason. I am only saying this because it is unsafe for children. I am so glad that in my community it is mandatory for familes to have their carseats inspected before leaving the hospital with a newoborn to prevent injury...they should do it everywhere.
December 18, 2010
Good Car Seat But Needs Improvement
It is a very good car seat except that the armrests are not moveable so its a tad tricky to get our daughter in and out of the seat
April 24, 2010
Good Car Seat
We purchased this carseat for my husbands car. Easy to install and seems to be comfortable for our daughter.
Only fault is that the fabric is very thin and slides off the top.
December 29, 2009
Could be better quality for the price it costs.
We bought this car seat because our son had outgrown his rear-facing infant/toddler carseat. I like that it's a high-back car seat with the 5 point harness. The things I don't like are: the seat cover is very thin and the top of it keeps sliding off, they should have put clips to secure it to the seat. The button on the clip between their legs is so hard to press to release the straps. It only has 2 height adjustments, I wish it had 3. I am currently looking at buying a different car seat, I am not pleased with this one. It needs a lot of improvement for the high price you pay for it.
August 1, 2009
Great seat...We've purchased 2 of these seats and are very happy with both.
They connect to our vehicles very quickly (especially with the latch system).
One of the buckles is plastic and seems a little "cheap" but it has worked perfectly.
My one complaint is that the seats are a little on the larger side which required extra space in the back facing position. Now that they are front facing and our daughter is growing, the larger seats are perfect! My daughter loves them!!
May 4, 2009
I have this same car seat, and it is very good. It is somewhat harder to install than some other seats due to the latch design, and the lower latch can pinch your baby's leg, so be careful when clasping them.
I should also correct some of the other reviews here. Car seats are not designed to be tiltable or reclinable when installed. There is a level line that shows you the correct angle that the car seat is supposed to be at. This is the angle that is safest for your child so that if there is a collision, the belts will properly protect your child.
December 8, 2008
Great all around Car Seat
I have two of these, and I'm very impressed with the quality of the product. I particularly like the fact that the cover can be removed and washed - very practical. A plus would have been having an adjustable base to allow it to tilt, but doesn't take away from it's practicality.
December 6, 2008
- More Eddie Bauer 2-in-1 Car Seat Reviews
- Eddie Bauer 2-in-1 Car Seat reviews (page 2)