Oatmeal served as a breakfast patty, surprisingly simple, nutritious and delicious. Like pancakes, enjoy it as a main meal, or on the side with eggs and bacon.
Get off to a great start with the most important meal of the day.
Recipe for : Burgoo
Description :Oatmeal served as a breakfast patty, surprisingly simple, nutritious and delicious. Like pancakes, enjoy it as a main meal, or on the side with eggs and bacon.
- By: Mike
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 to 8 minutes, or crisp to taste
- Serves: 1 per packet
- apple cinnamon instant oatmeal, individual servings
- butter or light cooking oil
- maple syrup or icing sugar (optional)
Required Equipment :
- Pot or kettle to boil water
- Frying pan
- Spatula for flipping
- Campfire or stove
- Boil a kettle of water.
- Into a bowl, open and add as many individual packets as number of servings, example: 4 people = 4 packets.
- While stirring, add boiled water slowly until thick (not runny) but thoroughly mixed.
- Let mixture set in bowl for a minute.
- Heat butter or oil in frying pan to medium heat, as if you were cooking eggs or pancakes.
- Spoon out individual servings of oatmeal into pan and press down slightly into pancake-like shapes. Do not spread too thin, or they will break apart at the edges.
- Fry approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side until brown and slightly crisp.
- Serve with butter, icing sugar and maple syrup.