Campfire Pizza Pies
Real pizza taste in a crispy bread crust. Mix up the filling the day before so the flavours have a chance to blend with one another. Try it with your favourite pizza toppings!
Finish an active day with a hearty meal to keep you feeling full until the next morning.
Recipe for : Campfire Pizza Pies
Description :Real pizza taste in a crispy bread crust. Mix up the filling the day before so the flavours have a chance to blend with one another. Try it with your favourite pizza toppings!
- By: Mrs. S Labelle
- Difficulty: Very Easy
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 5
- cooking spray
- 9 oz pepperoni, cubed
- 1 can mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 small can pizza sauce
- 10 slices Bread
Required Equipment :
- Sandwich maker (Pie iron)
- Combine pepperoni, mushrooms, shredded mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce in bowl.
- Quickly spray inside of sandwich maker with cooking spray.
- Line maker with a piece of bread, spoon filling onto bread and place a second slice on top.
- Close sandwich maker securely and cook over fire.
- Check occasionally to see if bread has toasted, once it's golden brown, it's ready.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool briefly before eating. Careful, the filling will be hot!