Don't let your morning fire's coals from go to waste! They can the start this slow roasted stew, with beef so tender it falls apart.
Finish an active day with a hearty meal to keep you feeling full until the next morning.
Recipe for : Camp Stew
Description :Don't let your morning fire's coals from go to waste! They can the start this slow roasted stew, with beef so tender it falls apart.
- By: Ryan
- Difficulty: Medium
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 4-8 hours
- Serves: 8
- 2-3 lb beef roast
- 6 large potatoes, diced
- 3 large onions, diced
- 10 carrots, diced
- 10 stalks celery, diced
- about 4 cups beef broth about 1l
- to taste salt and pepper
Required Equipment :
- Roasting pan with lid
- Aluminum foil
- Tongs for coals
- Utensil for cooking (ex: spoon)
- Campfire coals or stove
- Put beef in the bottom of a roasting pan, and surround with potatoes, onions, celery and carrots.
- Pour in the beef broth and salt and pepper to taste.
- To cook with campfire coals, dig a hole the size of the roasting pan, fill the hole with hot coals and place your pan on top. Cover with foil, and let cook 4-8 hours.
- To cook with stove, heat over low for 2-4 hours.
- When potatoes are tender and beef is falling apart, the stew is ready to serve.