Black Forest Cake in the Forest
Rich chocolate cake, tangy roasted cherries and fluffy whipped topping. After trying this decadent dessert, roughing it will never be the same.
Stay hydrated and energized with easy snack and beverage ideas.
Recipe for : Black Forest Cake in the Forest
Description :Rich chocolate cake, tangy roasted cherries and fluffy whipped topping. After trying this decadent dessert, roughing it will never be the same.
- By: Tara
- Difficulty: Medium
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 stick butter
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, and any ingredients required by mix directions
- whipped topping
Required Equipment :
- Dutch oven or large cast iron pan
- Lid or aluminum foil
- Can opener
- Utensils for stirring and serving (ex: spoon)
- Campfire with hot coals
- Place stick of butter in dutch oven or pan and set in hot coals to melt. Watch carefully to avoid burning!
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Dump pie filling over melted butter in pan, then pour prepared cake mix directly on top of pie filling.
- Place pan on top of hot coals (not flames) and cover with lid or foil. Baking time will be at least 20 minutes, but will vary depending on how hot your coals are.
- Check cake periodically, and remove from fire when the top of the cake feels springy in the center.
- Serve warm in bowls with whipped topping.